Often, a tenant has no idea that the property has been put up for sale. This means that you will receive an overnight notification regarding a new owner and possibly an eviction notice. Some banks will even offer „cash for keys“ programs that have been designed to get you out of the property as quickly as possible. This may not be a good decision to accept if you are a protected tenant, such as: If you have a section 8 coupon or other subsidies, the new landlord cannot increase your rent. Continue to pay the same rent as before. And talk to your silos program. In this case, the mortgage holder will be on the property of new owners and installs the property either to the highest bidder for sale or he will use a service company to maintain the rent on behalf of the bank. Regardless of the path taken by a bank, the tenant has an uncertain future and perhaps even a new owner who has little interest in properly preserving the property. Tenants who are running should keep in mind that after the enforcement, you should in principle receive at least 90 days of advance notice to move.

Stay and keep renting. Most Massachusetts tenants have the right to stay and continue to rent after a foreclosure. If you have a section 8 or other grant, you can stay and pay the same amount of rent after a foreclosure. Be careful. If someone other than a bank asks you for rent, ask for proof that they own or manage your building. While many foreclosures on homes are owned by individuals, significant percentages are held by investors who think real estate is a profit. If real estate assets collapse with rising interest rates, this creates a situation in which investors can no longer earn enough rent to maintain the profitability of the property and cannot sell the investment because of a soft market. The inevitable result is the loss of investment property to forced execution. If you have not been quoted in the partition with your own name, a marshal cannot get your belongings out.

If a marshal threatens to move you anyway, contact the clerk or call the State Legal Department at 1-800-453-3320.